Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New House - Day 1

Today was the day! We started building our new home! I am so excited!! Jamie and I keep looking at each other like, "really??? is this REALLY happening?" and the answer is always, YES IT IS!
First a few pictures of the "before". This is our land, those of you who have been reading for a while will remember about 3 years ago when we bought this. It's about 10mins outside of town, and about 5acres. And we love it, we think we are so lucky to have water on our land, since as the title of this blog states, we live in a desert!
Dig Day! Eight years ago when our brother and sister-in-law built their dream home, we all gathered on their lot to watch the shovels hit the ground, and we had hot chocolate to celebrate (well to celebrate and because it was early morning on PEI and COLD). Well since today we broke a record for HEAT (my truck read +36'C today, not sure what the offical temp was), Donovan and I stopped at the store to get a slush to celebrate breaking ground on the new house. This was a VERY big deal for Donovan, as this was not only breaking ground on the home he will grow up in, but the first time he was allowed a slush, all to himself!
Here you can see the footings being dug for part of the garage, as well as the basement being dug out.
Yes I know, you are all wondering, "How can I get hair like yours??" well here's what you do. You go out on a windy day, with your hair tied back, and then have a camera man (thanks dad) that doesn't let you know, YOUR HAIR IS STANDING UP LIKE A SPIKE!
Donovan, pondering everything. Looks to me like he's ready to say "hey guys, how about a little more this way???"
Daddy and Donovan checking everything out.
I just like this last picture. I think it's a great one of Donovan and Grandpa. (ok, maybe a touch over exposed, but hey, that's what photoshop is for right???)
Thanks for sticking with us on this journy, I'm sure there will A LOT more picture posts to come!!

No comments: